Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all. If you're interested in working in an environment that values and respects your contribution, then we would like to hear from you. PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in airborne special missions. PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets.
PAL Aerospace is accepting applications for a motivated, energetic and career-minded Supply Chain Manager to join our team in St. John’s, NL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of the PAL Aerospace Supply Chain including, but not limited to, material planning requirements, purchasing, inventory control, receiving, warehousing, distribution, and forecasting;
- Consolidate and develop existing PAL Aerospace Supply Chain Team capabilities;
- Manage PAL Aerospace Supply Chain portfolio, including strategic, operational and tactical planning initiatives and activities;
- Ensure compliance with existing PAL Aerospace Supply Chain related contractual obligations and projected future requirements;
- Champion the identification, development and implementation of systematic tools required to achieve PAL Supply Chain outcomes;
- Conduct quantitative cost-benefit analysis and risk mitigation reviews for existing and proposed logistics processes;
- Conduct accurate and timely sparing analyses which balance financial investment against performance targets;
- Manage inventory including stock taking and analysis to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Determine optimal transportation routes;
- Manage tool control functions including receipt, storage, records, lost/damage reporting, maintenance and repair, calibration, tagging and identification;
- Administer warranty claims and R&O activities;
- Design and implement warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products;
- Manage scrap and disposal of inventory, if required;
- Manage resource allocation between multiple projects;
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, service providers, and/or freight forwarders;
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements;
- Establish, track and report Supply Chain related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Identify and manage PAL Aerospace Supply Chain risks and propose and implement effective mitigation strategies where required;
- Provide Supply Chain support to other PAL divisions and projects as required;
- Embrace Flight safety and Continuous Improvement philosophies through the identification and application of Lessons Learned;
- Adhere to regulatory requirements such as Controlled Goods, Customs, HazMat, environmental protection, and General OH&S practices; and
- Other duties as required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a Supply Chain / Logistics team for large complex projects;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a significant Project Management role;
- APICS or other related purchasing certifications desired (ie. CPIM, CSCP, CLTD, CPSM);
- Detailed understanding of sparing analysis;
- Experience working within a large In-Service Support (ISS) Program team;
- Ability to lead project resources, maintain timelines and meet critical deadlines in a dynamic environment;
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong decision making skills;
- Ability to travel internationally as required;
- Ability to excel in diverse working environment;
- Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) experience considered a benefit;
- Knowledge of Maintainability / Reliability / Supportability trade-off analysis considered a benefit;
- Knowledge of Technical Documentation considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems and maintenance is considered an asset;
- Understanding of aerospace regulations is considered an asset;
- Ability to successfully pass Government of Canada Security Clearance screening is mandatory.
Qualified individuals can apply online via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=PROVAIR&jobId=196004&lang=en_CA&source=CC3
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.