Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for travel with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward, travel and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all.
PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in airborne special missions. PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets.
PAL Aerospace is looking for an energetic Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team in Halifax, NS. With extensive travel within Canada and internationally, the Senior Human Resource Generalist will be the human resources point person for all employees and managers in their client groups and our bases. With a high degree of knowledge and experience, s/he will carry out strategy development & support, employee relations, career development, performance management, onboarding and all other areas of functional human resources for their designated employee group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, support their client group with advice, coaching and communication in all areas of Human Resources;
- Ensure the work of HR aligns with and support their client groups strategic objectives;
- Represent Human Resources on the ground at remote to head office locations, ensuring employees know how to contact, work with and engage Human Resources;
- Ensure all employee files (hard copy and electronic) are accurate, up-to-date, compliant and complete;
- Maintain the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality while executing all employment changes for their client group including internal transfers, promotions, reorganizations, compensation changes, terminations and resignations;
- Ensure a smooth and welcoming arrival and onboarding for all new employees into the organization.
- With a solutions oriented attitude, trouble shoot day-to-day employee issues with a focus on service, consistency, compliance and positivity;
- Assist with the implementation of human resource programs by providing human resources services, including: talent acquisition consultations, compensation consultation, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, labor relations and completing employment changes;
- Develop location/team specific policies and procedures with direction from the HR Centers of Excellence;
- Enhances the department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, a focus on Human Resources is prefered
- 3+ years in a business partnering/advisory role
- Experience working with a diverse, multi-location company
- A strategic mindset, always striving to improve processes for employee relations;
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles,
- A detail oriented approach to documentation,
- The ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the management team,
- The ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture,
- A strong confidence in directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development,
- A deep understanding of HR related legislation,
- Passport and ability to obtain security clearance.
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.