CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments. Currently, we are seeking a Project Manager (PM2) to join our growing team in Halifax, NS.
The Project Manager will work closely with a highly skilled team to work on challenging projects and deliverables. Reporting into the VP, Project Management, s/he will managed assigned projects and support the Business Development team in the development of proposals.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing project management control on key initiatives, pertaining to developing and delivering solutions to market or to internal process improvement
- Ensuring adherence to common processes, such as the Project Management (PM) process, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working with Project Team to define, estimate & schedule project work to achieve project scope
- Providing a platform for communications and relationship management – engaging stakeholders for buy-in, relieving bottlenecks & complexity
- Providing performance monitoring, information and reporting; helping to diagnose root cause of problems
- Identifying and escalating critical issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring teams are taking corrective action as necessary to deliver complete scope, desired quality and timeliness of strategic programs
- Keeping team appraised via project plans, including information pertaining to meetings and discussion minutes of project tasks identified, tasks to be completed and work not completed
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science
- A minimum of five years’ project management experience in a software development environment
- Experience in one of AGILE or Waterfall development methodologies
- A proven track record as a Project Manager, with experience in leading planning, resourcing and changing responsibilities of team members
- Superior prioritization, multitasking, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse teams
- A strong attention to details while working in a fast-paced environment
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Project Manager – PM2”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.