PAL Aerospace is a proud partner of Airbus Defence & Space for the Government of Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) aircraft replacement program. PAL Aerospace will be responsible for the In-Service Support which covers all aspects of the maintenance work not undertaken by Royal Canadian Air Force technicians. It will include high value work such as repairs, 2nd and 3rd level maintenance, future modification work and depot level maintenance of the aircraft. Together with Airbus Defence & Space, the two companies have formed the joint venture, AirPro SAR Services Inc. (AirPro).
This significant and exciting project will pave the way for innovation and opportunity within PAL Aerospace, while growing our operations. In an effort to expand our current team, PAL Aerospace is currently looking for a PMO/Risk Coordinator in Ottawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Project Management Office Governance team, the PMO/Risk Coordinator will help establish the operating rules for the company including:
- Risk and schedule impact of changes to the program for the Services Support plans and all deliverables
- Progress monitoring and reporting of all AirPro Program activity
- Coordinate and align AirPro accountabilities/activities in contract management and build up with the Airbus Key Workstreams (Aircraft Programs, Services Programs and ITBs), avoiding overlaps, gaps and misunderstanding.
- Mitigate AirPro economic and contractual timeline deviations, risks and customer issues.
- Reporting all cost estimates and scheduled reporting requirements of the project to the CFO
- Building a Cost Model for capturing all costs associated with execution of the Project during the initial set-up, Transition, and Steady State including capturing all costs from all cost centres;
- Contribute to all cost performance reports including Earned Value Management (EVM) Indicators.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and derivation of all necessary reports concerning cost and schedule performance from Project Management applications such as Microsoft Project would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and Microsoft Project.
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with experience in a Project Management environment would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset. The ability to communicate in Spanish is also desirable.
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resume to the Human Resources Department referencing, "PMO/Risk Coordinator".
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.