Challenge, reward and opportunity – the PAL Group of Companies offers all three. If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge-driven individual who is eager to succeed, you’ll fit in great with our corporate culture. With a proud history in the aviation industry for nearly 40 years, our company has grown and expanded to include international leaders in aerospace and aviation. Supporting the PAL Group of Companies, we are looking for an experienced and energetic Payroll Analyst, to join our St. John’s, NL team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Payroll Manager with daily problem solving and analysis of payroll related issues
- Act as the primary representative and expert user of ADP within the PAL Group, addressing needs and concerns from Managers with regards to reports and system requirements;
- Perform ad hoc queries, produce ad hoc excel reports, and upload data files required for core payroll processing
- Perform system process audits to ensure accurate account reconciliations;
- Ensure that all salaries are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees, contractors, and other parties.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for all company employees, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy.
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Implement moderate change by proactively addressing potential issues and challenges within the ADP payroll system;
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures as it relates to payroll processing and reporting;
- Lead ADP training for new hires and Managers within the company;
- Process raw data and adapt it to a more aesthetically-pleasing presentation format;
- Manipulation of Excel documentation;
- Other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education with a focus on payroll processing, or completion of a PCP certification, coupled with 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with ADP and Workforce Now will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience working in a large, multi-disciplinary company is preferred;
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to create formulas and manipulations of data with ease;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work in an team environment;
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively including various activities ranging from detail-oriented to strategic tasks;
- Thorough knowledge of payroll related legislation, theory, processes, reporting.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Exceptional customer service skills as it relates to employees within the organization;
- Ability to use specialized systems and applications
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
Qualified individuals for these positions should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Payroll Analyst”.
PAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.