Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all. PAL Aerospace is accepting applications for motivated and energetic Offshore Ice and Environmental Observer to join our team in St. John’s, NL.
As an Offshore and Environmental Observer you will provide 12-hour coverage, including observations of weather, ice and marine mammal/seabird, and maintaining radar watch onboard offshore. Personnel will be required to complete internal and external training required to meet the specifications of the job role and will be responsible for interacting with senior client management offshore in making critical decision to ensure safe operations.
- Post-secondary education of experience in a marine related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products;
- A proactive, organized and analytical approach to his/her work;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Travel offshore for three week durations;
- Work 12 hour shifts;
- Liaise with clients and senior representatives offshore;
- Provide ice and weather updates as required, and participate in ice meetings;
- Provide clients with ice, and met ocean forecasts;
- Make recommendations regarding ice surveillance and ice management actions;
- Liaise with support vessel bridge crews on ice management activities;
- Liaise with designated weather forecasters;
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- A valid BST and H2S Alive Certificates;
- Marine Radar Certificate (i.e. SEN-1, Sigma-6 training);
- Previous experience in weather and/or ice observation;
- Proficiency in marine navigation or chart work.
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.