PAL Aerospace is a proud partner of Airbus Defence & Space for the Government of Canada’s Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) aircraft replacement program. PAL Aerospace will be responsible for the In-Service Support which covers all aspects of the maintenance work not undertaken by Royal Canadian Air Force technicians. It will include high value work such as repairs, 2nd and 3rd level maintenance, future modification work and depot level maintenance of the aircraft.
This significant and exciting project will pave the way for innovation and opportunity within PAL Aerospace, while growing our operations. In an effort to expand our current team, PAL Aerospace is currently looking for an IT Network Support Specialist in Ottawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures and maintains help desk software and data
- Provides direct customer support.
- Provide excellent technical analysis on issues to effectively work with customers who have varying technical aptitudes.
- Share information with other analysts by documenting complex procedures.
- Provide customer support through technical competence and effective communication skills.
- Evaluate alternative communications services to ensure that operational requirements are satisfied by the most cost effective means.
- Analyze network data to determine network usage, disk space availability, or server function.
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations.
- Attends seminars, workshops to maintain up-to-date knowledge of help desk/network operations and related systems
- Minimum 5-7 years in a support environment with major emphasis on network/security technologies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex calls requiring extensive troubleshooting skills
- Extensive diagnostic skills in desktop application, hardware, network and printer issues.
- Ability to resolve support tickets within timeframes identified by IT service level agreements.
- Coordinate activities with vendors when needed.
- Extensive travel to Ottawa and Madrid and other locations (within Canada) as required
- The IT Network Specialist must be proficient in English. Bilingualism (English/French) is desired but not essential. Spanish is also desirable.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.