CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments. Currently, we are seeking a Intermediate System Administrator to join our growing team in St. John’s.
The Intermediate System Administrator will work closely to enhance and manage the processes for software configuration, build, release and change management. S/he will report to the Vice President of Software Development, and will work with a diverse, interdisciplinary team. Building and deploying into both windows desktop and Microsoft server environments are key components of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Managing the daily flow of source code being developed by multiple teams across multiple branches;
- Assisting in maintaining, troubleshooting and optimizing Microsoft Visual Studio Build for products and projects for all clients;
- Building and developing n-tier web portal applications into multi-server environments;
- Working with the System Administrator and Infrastructure Architects to design, build and deploy server infrastructure;
- Strategizing on best practices for ongoing parallel development, featuring branching, merging and common library management;
- Performing branching and merging of code across multiple environments;
- Communicating build status, issues and changes to the Development and product teams;
- Contributing to improvements in release automation strategy, such as approach to source control, test automation, code analysis, deployment, etc.
- Designing and implementing tools to streamline build and release processes;
- Evaluating project interdependencies and coordinating deployment plans;
- Working with the Research & Development team to conduct the identification, tracking and change management of all product configuration items;
- Establishing and regularly audit configuration management procedures performed by software developers;
- Maintaining and updating Configuration Management policies, procedures and standards; and
- Maintaining a registry of client configurations and software versions for upgrade and maintenance purposes.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Computer Science option;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in software build & release configuration management, coupled with experience supporting and designing scripted build processes;
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Server Stack;
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later;
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 and more recent releases;
- Various deployment tools in Microsoft environments
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects of varying priorities to meet customer demands;
- A natural curiosity and passion towards automation – the ability to remain organized and process-oriented while keeping a strong focus towards innovation;
- A solid knowledge of Configuration Management practices, principles and tools;
- A solid knowledge of Continuous Integration practices, principles and tools;
- A proven understanding of the overall software development lifecycle;
- Superior analytical skills and a high attention to accuracy and detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in the aerospace and defence industry would be considered an asset;
- Experience with process improvements that benefit software development, integration and testing would also be considered an asset.
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Intermediate System Administrator - YYT”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.