CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments. Currently, we are seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to join our growing team in Halifax, NS.
The Intermediate Software Developer will work closely with a highly skilled team to work on challenging projects and deliverables, including developing C++ software for Microsoft Windows.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle;
- Assist in the design and documentation at function capability level;
- Development of software features including coding, testing and documentation;
- Investigate and fix defects;
- Assisting in the maintenance of commercial releases;
- Tracking and reporting of assigned features; and
- Input to business development, project management, and other internal customers for areas of expertise.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Computer Science option;
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming;
- Knowledge of multi-thread concepts;
- 3-5 years of related work experience in one or more of the following:
- Software development for graphics processing unit (GPU) software and parallel processing;
- Image processing;
- Image analysis and/or image recognition;
- Sensor management;
- Signal processing algorithms; or
- Integration of third party libraries into a software product.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in software development and testing;
- 3-5 years of related work experience in C++ programming in Windows OS environment;
- Experience with Windows OS environment and SDK;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
- Strong mathematical background;
- Knowledge of Waterfall or Agile software development principles would be an asset.
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Intermediate Software Developer”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.