CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments. Currently, we are seeking an Intermediate Quality Tester to join our growing team in St. John’s.
The Intermediate Quality Tester will work closely with a highly skilled team to assist in the design, development and execution of product test cases, identifying and preparing test environments with supporting technical data, along with implementing and enhancing automated testing solutions.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the analysis of design specifications in order to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually and using automated testing tools.
- Assisting in the system testing of existing software enhancements to ensure they meet design specifications.
- Supporting Functionality Testing of existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Assisting in Regression Testing of existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
- Recording test results
- Participating in the maintenance and management of automated scripts & test databases.
- Contributing in the verification and evidence of reproduction of any reported faults in existing software.
- Assisting in the testing of fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
- Identifying and preparing test environments.
- Communicating progress of testing activities to the Quality Assurance Manager and other stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a quality assurance / software testing.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Server Stack;
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later;
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012 and more recent releases;
- Various deployments and automated testing tools in Microsoft environment
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows platform.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, appropriate to a given audience. (technical, functional, etc.)
- A firm understanding of testing/product quality processes, and tools and methods.
- Manual testing skills and the ability to write scripts.
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- A highly collaborative approach to tasks, and the ability to both give and received constructive feedback
- Knowledge of Python (Jython) would be an asset.
- Programming knowledge in C# and C++ would be an asset.
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Intermediate Quality Tester - YYT”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.