Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all. PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in airborne special missions. PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets.
PAL Aerospace is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our growing team in St. John’s, NL.
The Human Resource Manager will act as the primary Human Resources point of contact and expert for all PAL Aerospace Managers. With a strong focus on engagement and retention, the Human Resources Manager will coach, consult and advise PAL Aerospace employees and management enabling them to reach their full potential.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serving as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems;
- Leading and directing the PAL Aerospace human resource team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business;
- Advising on and ensuring the work of the Human Resources team aligns with and supports their client groups’ strategic objectives, as well as the larger PAL strategic objectives;
- Planning and conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives, promoting and protecting the PAL culture and ensuring all new employees understand PAL’s values;
- Providing current employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits;
- Propose and develop location/team specific policies and procedures in consultation with the HR Centers of Excellence;
- Dealing with complex HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills;
- Advising managers on organizational policy and procedural matters, and recommend needed changes;
- Providing guidance on development for managers and their teams in support of career development and succession planning programs;
- Supporting managers in scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing compensation budgets;
- Enhancing the department and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- With a solutions oriented attitude, identify problems and solutions while striving for excellence.
- Completion of a relevant University degree or college diploma; a focus on Human Resources is preferred
- 5+ years in a business partnering/advisory role;
- 2+ years of managerial experience prefered;
- Experience supporting senior leadership;
- Experience working with a diverse, multi-location company;
- A strategic mindset, always striving to improve processes for employee relations;
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles;
- The ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team;
- Experience in representing the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture;
- A strong confidence in directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development; as well as
- A deep understanding of HR related legislation in Canada;
- Passport and ability to obtain security clearance.
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.