Challenge, reward and opportunity – the PAL Group of Companies offers all three. If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge-driven individual who is eager to succeed, you’ll fit in great with our corporate culture. With a proud history in the aviation industry for nearly 40 years, our company has grown and expanded to become international leaders in aerospace and aviation. Supporting the PAL Group of Companies, we are looking for a passionate and energetic Help Desk Technician, to join our Ottawa, ON team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations
- Troubleshooting and interpreting problems and providing technical support for hardware, software and systems
- Answering phone calls, analyzing problems and resolving recurrent difficulties, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary
- Diagnosing desktop workstation problems, set-up of PC workstations including configuration, duplicating and distributing hard drive images
- Performing basic PC systems maintenance and repair, upgrading systems, and providing printer maintenance
- All other duties as assigned
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional computer skills, experience administrating/supporting a Microsoft Windows environment, supporting a VMWare environment and Network/Server administration and application support
- Must have good familiarity with other IT infrastructure technologies such as large scale high performance storage systems, databases, telephony & cloud computing
- Open to travel when necessary
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.