Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that allows you to combine your passion for learning with the chance to develop your skills and grow your career? Challenge, reward and opportunity; PAL Aerospace is committed to offering them all. PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in airborne special missions. PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets.
PAL Aerospace is looking for a Force Multiplier Program Manager to join our growing team in St. John’s, NL.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the Force Multiplier Program Manager will be tasked with direct leadership and accountability of program design, delivery and business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
- Manage and oversee the Force Multiplier program design to achieve the budget;
- Establish program schedules, defining the goals, objectives, risks and assumptions. Identify areas of potential program risk and opportunities to mitigate program risk to the maximum extent possible;
- Liaise with divisional managers to secure necessary support to effectively achieve program objectives;
- Proactively manage changes in program scope and develop best practices and tools for program execution and management;
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities and new program development;
- Assist in developing program costing models for new program bids and tender submissions;
- Develop comprehensive understanding of, and ensure compliance with, all program contract requirements. Troubleshoot contract issues and identify and implement solutions;
- Act as the key liaison with clients on all program matters and maintain positive relations;
- Conduct activity/initiative post mordems in order to identify areas for improvement; make and implement approved recommendations based on findings;
- Lead business development efforts for the Force Multiplier platform;
- Ensure the conduct of safe, legal & effective operation of the Force Multiplier in an international setting;
- Provide weekly status reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a pertinent undergraduate university degree; a focus on the Aerospace industry is preferred;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in progressively more senior management roles in a large organization;
- The natural ability to lead diverse, professional teams in a dynamic, fast-growing and decentralized work environment;
- Extensive experience in project/program development and management;
- A proven track record in large scale, complex RFI and RFP proposal development;
- A strong understanding of aircraft maintenance/operations is preferred, as well as an understanding of military operations;
- The ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly, while meeting tight timelines and targets;
- A natural ability to bring a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation;
- A strong technical aptitude combined with the ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information;
- The ability to manage shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast-growing, publicly traded organization;
- Superb communication skills, demonstrated through written and oral presentations; bilingualism would be considered an asset;
- The ability to obtain a security clearance; and
- The ability to adapt to flexible and frequent travel, both domestically and internationals for 12 or more weeks per year.
Qualified individuals should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Force Multiplier Program Manager”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.