If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge driven individual who is eager to succeed then imagine a career with us. Supporting the PAL Group of Companies, we are looking for a Director of IT Networks and Support, located in our St. John’s NL office, to lead the management and operations of all IT network and communication services. We are looking for a visionary leader who can identify needs across the organization, identify innovative solution and ensure its effective implementation. The Director of IT Networks and support must have a strong background in IT asset and software management , excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to motivate a team of IT professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a visionary to determine the organizational needs, capacity planning and long-term strategic goals for systems and software. Ensure that this vision is implemented throughout the entire organization.
- Manage and assist the IT Network and support employees with prioritizing workloads.
- Oversee the company’s IT asset management including procurement and deployment of workstations, servers, printers, scanners and mobiles. Identify end user needs to ensure all team members can have the appropriate tools for success.
- Oversee software management including firewalls, encryption, host security systems, data back-ups and end user software and ensure their appropriate installation and functionality.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, re-configurations, and/or purchases.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements, including design and implementation of corporate-wide Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s employees, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software and network products and services.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Develop and foster IT security awareness within the organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or relevant post-secondary education;
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in IT network support for a large, multi-divisional company;
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role;
- Extensive experience in industrial security and security requirements as it related to IT;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- A natural leader with a proven track record in motivating team members to achieve key targets and objectives;
- Strong decision making skills with a logical approach to issues and challenges;
- The ability to understand complex information and requirements and translate it into action items for team members;
- Good prioritization skills and the ability to be flexible enough to adapt plans
- A strong background in IT with a good head for business;
- The ability to translate technical terms and issues to others in a way that it can be easily explained and understood;
- The ability to communicate and present ideas and strategies in front of small-medium groups including key executive team members;
- A proven track record in project management would be considered an asset.
PAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit resumes by March 24th, 2017 via E-Mail.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.