If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge driven individual who is eager to succeed then imagine a career with us. Supporting both PAL Aerospace and PAL Airlines we are looking for a Corporate Project Manager, located in our St. John’s NL office, to act as the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. We are looking for a team player and a PM who can roll up their sleeves. The Corporate Project Manager must have a strong background in project management, excellent communication skills, demonstrated financial management skills and the ability to drive project to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of PAL’s special project portfolio, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities
- Ensure efficient delivery of quality project deliverables
- Establish a project plan for each approved project, defining the project’s goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- With a focus on Analytics, report on project health and suggest ways to optimize outcome
- Ensure clear communication of expectations and project status to stakeholders and senior management
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management
- Produce regular reports on the progress of projects and adherence to budgets,
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work, creating contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Engineering or a related subject. An advanced degree is strongly preferred
- A minimum of (5) years of direct work experience in project management preferred,
- Project management certification preferred,
- Experience with large, diverse IT Project and system rollouts is preferred,
- Experience working internal stakeholders of a diverse background preferred,
- Demonstrated results oriented approach to projects
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
Please submit resumes by February 8th, 2017 via E-Mail.
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Corporate Project Manager - IT”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.