The PAL Group, a leading company in the Canadian Aviation industry, is focused on a pathway of growth and innovation. Through its multi-faceted divisions, PAL has established its footprint not only on a national level, but internationally, with new and innovative ventures and partnerships. Headquartered in St. John’s, NL, PAL is seeking a Corporate Project Manager to contribute to its continued success and programs.
The Corporate Project Manager will take a lead in managing the entire project lifecycle of PAL’s special project portfolio, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensure efficient delivery of quality project deliverables.
• Establish a project plan for each approved project, defining the project’s goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables.
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
• With a focus on Analytics, report on project health and suggest ways to optimize outcome.
• Ensure clear communication of expectations and project status to stakeholders and senior management.
• Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program.
• Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
• Produce regular reports on the progress of projects and adherence to budgets.
• Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams.
• Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or a related subject. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of (5) years of direct work experience in project management preferred.
• Project management certification is required and PMP certification is preferred.
• Experience with large, diverse IT Project and system rollouts is preferred.
• Experience working internal and external stakeholders of a diverse background preferred.
• Demonstrated results oriented approach to projects.
• Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
• Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success.
• Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills.
• Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
• Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations.
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
• Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
PAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.