If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge driven individual who is eager to succeed then imagine a career with us. Supporting the PAL Group of Companies, we are looking for a Contracts Manager, located in our St. John’s NL office. The Contracts Manager will oversee all customer, vendor and business partner contracts, ensuring they comply with all regulations and company procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the creation, execution, analysis and negotiation of contracts to maximize financial and operational performance;
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters, liaising between employees and customers while ensuring a timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations;
- Provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with stakeholders on all standard and nonstandard contracts until consensus has been reached;
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information, contractual changes, status reports and all other documentation necessary for project completion;
- Work closely with the Risk Management Department/Finance team to coordinate contractual insurance requirements, as well as to ensure adherence to broader financial and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls, etc.
- Monitor competitive terms, customer satisfaction and contracting practices;
- Support Product Management and Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions;
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Management or another relative discipline;
- A minimum of 5 years’ contract management experience, including hands on and team-based projects;
- A comprehensive knowledge of contract law and regulations;
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels within the organization;
- The ability to interpret data and apply an analytical approach to a multitude of contracts and projects;
- Effective time management skills with the drive to meet highly competitive targets and objectives within reduced timelines;
- Solid problem solving capabilities with the ability to think objectively in decision making and judgement;
- A consultative approach to work within diverse teams comprised of colleagues from multi-disciplinary backgrounds;
- Superior negotiation skills;
- A high attention to detail in all aspects of contract management, as well as throughout the stages of development, negotiation and execution;
- A strong understanding of cost accounting principles with an interest in financial model generation;
- A high proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with a large, multi-divisional company is preferred
Qualified individuals for this position should send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Contracts Manager”.
Human Resources Department
Hangar 1, St. John’s International Airport
P.O. Box 29030
St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5
PAL Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.